AVP Credit Risk Modeling
This is an exciting opportunity to apply the skills you’ve mastered in building & applying models to solve business problems & take your career to the next level. You will help evaluate & enhance the existing model governance practice by collaborating with the team of modelers & data scientists in order to meet the rapid demand to leverage a wide array of models to improve customer experience & business decision makings. You will also have an opportunity to be hands-on in researching the cutting edge techniques to challenge & improve our champion methods while managing the bank’s existing models.
This AVP of Credit Risk Modeling's apart of the DS & model dev team that supports the entire bank. You'll be expected to partner with the modelers & business stakeholders during the model life cycle to ensure adherence to the model governance practice. This includes model validation, implementation, & on-going monitoring. Excellent PM, written & oral communication & technical skills are required.
Hands-on experience in the model development & implementation; including logistic, linear, time-series regression, decision trees, etc. using SAS EGuide & EMiner. Ability to data mine large databases. Provide ad hoc analyses upon request. Potentially manage the work of other modelers in addition to their own workload.
Summary Essential Job Functions
- Ensure all the models are adhering to the regulatory & compliance guidelines through the model validation process
- Manage the model inventory to ensure it is up to date & accurate
- Update, evaluate & present the scheduled model validation results
- Manage the compliance model approval process
- Preparing the internal quality audit responses as well as the preparation of annual OCC exam requested material
- Conduct model performance evaluation as requested
- Design & provide an oversight of the model implementation process such as submission of model implementation request, performing UAT & manage the project time line as the representation of the modeling team
- Identify creative solutions to the model development & implementation challenges by collaborating with the technical & modeling team where needed
- Develop & manage the model governance structure for machine learning algorithms
- Assist in model development documentation process & manage the model documentation approval process
- Research & propose improvements to existing model implementation & testing practice
- Serves as an expert consultant to senior management on highly complex issues
- Prepare & provide internal training on model governance
- Perform complex analysis using statistical & mathematical techniques on an ad hoc basis
- Perform other analytical duties as needed
- 5+ years of modeling experience (development & implementation) in the financial industry
- Minimum 4 year degree in quantitative area such as mathematics, statistics, economics, engineering, computer science
- 4+ years advanced use of at least one of the following: SAS, SQL, R, or Python
- Must have well developed organizational & prioritization skills, with the ability to manage multiple & sometimes competing priorities.
- At least 3 years of people management experience including team skill development & annual review process.
- Position requires excellent written & oral communication skills, & the flexibility, & ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, highly complex environment.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, conceptual & quantitative problem-solving skills.