Director of Growth & Profitability Analytics
This position is a part of the Risk Management department & performs complex analysis supporting the portfolio growth strategies. You’ll be working on developing predictive models, forecasting & analytical optimization techniques in support of various portfolio growth strategies.
Lead the analytical using advanced techniques such as logistic, linear, time-series regression, decision trees, etc. using SAS EGuide, EMiner & Python. Explore opportunities to use cutting-edge techniques (such as ML) for continued improvements in the existing processes. Ability to data mine large databases. Provide ad hoc analyses upon request.
• Manage the strategic initiatives with the portfolio growth strategy team & deliver impactful solutions requiring complex techniques
• Design & initiate projects using machine learning algorithm to enhance existing &/or introduce new processes & show bottom line impact
• Present to the senior management & executive team on the analytical work
• Translate the work/projects to bottom line impact
• Manage complex analyses &/or modeling that maximizes profits &/or asset growth & minimizes credit &/or operating losses & other risk exposures.
• Provides analytical support to meet the company’s strategic goals
• Anticipates issues based on knowledge of business trends & proposes direction & solutions.
• Serves as an expert consultant to senior management on highly complex issues
• Manages the initial strategy testing on new solutions coming out of the team
• Partners with technology groups to define business requirements on projects
• Performs other duties as assigned
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• 4 year degree in quantitative area such as mathematics, economics, engineering, computer science & equivalent industry experience, MS Preferred.
• 4+ years advanced use of at least one of the following: Microsoft Access, SQL Server, Oracle, or SAS.
• Must have well developed organizational & prioritization skills, with the ability to manage multiple & sometimes competing priorities.
• Position requires excellent written & oral communication skills, & the flexibility, & ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, highly complex environment.
• Demonstrated strong analytical, conceptual & quantitative problem-solving skills.
• Sound project management skills.
• Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
• Machine learning algorithms preferred
• 4+ years risk management or equivalent industry experience preferred. Knowledge of financial analysis, credit reporting & profitability drivers preferred