Head of Risk Decision Science & Model Development
This position is a part of the Risk Management department but supports the entire bank. The model development team challenges the status quo through their machine learning-powered predictive models that touch on the entire customer lifecycle including response, credit underwriting, fraud, usage, profitability & collection. As Head of Risk Decision Science & Model Development, you will lead the team in developing & enhancing custom models with advanced data science skills; evangelize machine learning to provide thought leadership & next generation solutions; & contribute analytical tools with instrumental contribution to the strategic direction & financial performance of the organization.
• Manage the strategic initiatives with the business partners & deliver impactful solutions requiring complex techniques
- Provide overall direction to the development of advanced analytic solutions & strategies through overseeing all aspects of the model development & implementation lifecycle.
- Presentation of results & recommendations; particularly the ability to craft a coherent vision from complex output & data
• Design & initiate projects to deploy machine learning algorithm to enhance existing &/or introduce new processes & show bottom line impact
- Manage project requirements, analytic plans, SOWs, project timelines, & other related materials for the management of outsourced model development &/or management
• Interact with senior management & business owners
• Translate the work/projects done by the modeling team to bottom line impact
• Manage complex analyses &/or modeling that maximizes profits &/or asset growth & minimizes credit &/or operating losses & other risk exposures.
• Provides analytical support to meet the company’s strategic goals
• Graduate degree in quantitative area such as mathematics, economics, engineering, computer science & equivalent industry experience.
- 5+ years of experience in predictive analytics, data science & technology management, model governance & implementation; preferably within a financial services industry.
- 1+ years of experience managing a team of analytical professionals.
- Hands-on experience with statistical tools such as R, Python, SAS & database query languages (e.g., SQL)
- Strong working knowledge of statistical & data mining techniques, including regression analysis & Machine Learning algorithms for pattern recognition & predictive analytics such as random forest & gradient boosting
- Organizational & prioritization skills to manage multiple & sometimes competing priorities.
- Leadership skills to manage & mentor a team of analytical professionals across varying levels of skill & experience.
• Excellent written & oral communication skills, & the flexibility, & ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, highly complex environment.
• Proven experience managing & delivering a wide variety of analytic solutions to stakeholders
- Solid planning, priority setting, & project management skills with experience managing multiple projects & resources concurrently
- Highly motivated, collaborative, & innovative
Preferred (Not Required):
• Knowledge of financial analysis, credit reporting & profitability drivers.
- Deep Learning / Tensorflow / Keras, Spectral methods - SVD, PCA, SVM & kernel methods