This position is a part of the Risk Management department but supports the entire bank. The model development team challenges the status quo through their machine learning-powered predictive models that touch on the entire customer lifecycle including response, credit underwriting, fraud, usage, profitability & collection. As the Sr. Risk Statistician, you will lead the model development & enhancement; provide guidance to the junior modelers.
• Performs complex analyses &/or modeling that maximizes profits &/or asset growth & minimizes credit &/or operating losses & other risk exposures.
• Provides analytical support to ensure the company goals are met.
• Partners with technology groups to define business requirements.
• Performs user acceptance testing & implementing complex changes.
• Provides work direction to lower level analysts.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor degree in quantitative area such as statistics, econometrics, economics mathematics, or a minimum of 2 years of college-level business or statistical classes & equivalent industry experience.
• 3+ years of model development experience
• Hands-on experience with statistical tools such as R, Python, SAS & database query languages (e.g., SQL)
• Proficiency in regression models, descriptive statistics, Bayesian Inference, Decision Tree Models, Advanced time series forecasting.
Preferred (Not Required):
• Graduate degree
• Machine Learning algorithms for pattern recognition & predictive analytics such as random forest & gradient boosting
• Risk management or financial industry experience.
• Knowledge of financial analysis, credit reporting & profitability drivers.